You acknowledge and agree, of your own free will, and not necessarily required by law, that your PII will be stored, processed, used, held, and managed by triipper and/or on our behalf, including but not limited to, by magnetic or optical means designed for digital processing or in other forms of database(s), in compliance with applicable law.
Who we are
triipper combines technology with expert travel insights to craft your perfect trip itinerary.
Information we collect
We collect personal information from users in the following ways:
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address, and the browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How we use your information
We use the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve our website and user experience.
- To provide users with personalized content and recommendations.
- To communicate with users about updates, promotions, and other information related to our website.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues, as well as protect the security of our website.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with third-party services, such as spam detection services, to ensure the security and functionality of our website. If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Furthermore, we may use OpenAI’s natural language processing technology to assist with trip planning and itinerary creation. By using the Services, you consent to sharing your PII with OpenAI for these purposes. OpenAI will only use your PII for the specific purpose of providing this service to us and will adhere to applicable data protection laws.
We are not responsible for and assume no liability for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.